As an extension of PFC’s acclaimed TFIC series spanning over a decade, this 4-day course aims to provide students with the skills needed to safely design, instruct, and implement practical reality-based training. All instruction involves the proper use and application of Non-Lethal Training Ammunition (NLTA) with common Force-on-Force training systems such as UTM or Sims FX.
TFIC-ST is designed specifically for the instructor tasked with delivering Force-on-Force training modules or other Simulation Training Exercises. The use of NLTA is valuable for firearms instructors looking to provide stress-based training that prepares students to prevail in combative encounters. Through the application of different exercise models, use of NLTA exposes students to fluid, reality-based simulations that are dynamic and intense, but safe. Due to the nature and practicality of NLTA, quality training can be conducted anywhere despite venue limitations, live fire range restrictions, or poor weather conditions.
Topics and blocks of instruction in this course include:
- Modern Teaching Methods & PFC’s Instructor Development Module
- Use-of-Force Considerations & Legal Review
- NLTA/Force-on-Force Technologies & Training Systems
- Benefits & Limitations of Available Training Systems
- Simulation Training Safety
- Elements of a Simulation Training Program
- Universal Learning Objectives
- Types of Simulation Training Exercises & Applications
- Reality-Based Training Development & Implementation
- Facility Requirements & Considerations
- Training Team Organization & Role-player Guidelines
- Simulation Training Equipment Guidelines
- Student Requirements & Recommendations
- Skill Building Exercises & Drill Development
- PFC’s 4-Dimensional Gunfighting Module & “Mover-Mover” Drill Series
- Scenario Development & Construction
- Simulation Training Applications for Tactical & Specialized Units
- Proper Scenario Execution & Exercise Control
- Conducting Exercise Debriefs
- Training Evaluations & Documenting Student Performance
- TFIC-ST Written Exam
- Limited Scope Performance Test (LSPT)
- Student-Led Exercise Construction & Delivery
Whatever your mission or tactics, this material and instructor development will improve your simulation training program. Certification is achieved through comprehensive testing and evaluation of instructor knowledge, skills, and abilities. Unlike other train-the-trainer courses, this certification is not rubber-stamped. Graduates must earn their certificate through testing methods that measure and demonstrate instructor capability. Administrators and end users can have the confidence in knowing that their trainers who’ve completed this program possess the credentials to deliver professional, safe, and effective reality-based training.
TFIC Simulation Training Instructor Certification is valid for 3 years.
Enrollment: Open to Department of Defense, law enforcement, government agencies, eligible government contractors, and approved security personnel.
Pre Requisites: Prior handgun and carbine instructor experience
Cost - Las Vegas, NV: $995.00 Per Student
Cost - Mobile Program: $995.00 Per Student (Mobile training programs are available with a minimum of 12 students and agencies may earn free course slots for hosting. Contact PFC to learn more about host requirements.)
Please give us a call if you have any questions or would like to book off-line: 702.647.1126