- This event has passed.
Progressive Folding Knife (PFK)
WhenJanuary 23, 2021 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
Progressive Folding Knife (PFK) is for the knife owner, law enforcement officer, executive protection specialist, or military operator who carries a folding knife as an everyday tool and last resort personal defense aid. PFK is a progressive introduction to safety and fundamentals of folding knife selection, carry, access, deployment, and manipulation under the stress of close-range assault.
Training topics include but are not limited to:
- Legal Considerations – Understand the laws associated with carrying a folding knife and the application of force.
- Folding Knife Safety – Best safe carry and manipulation practices.
- Folding Knife for Personal Defense – How you look at personal safety and security impacts your ability to avoid, stop or escape a bad situation.
- Folding Knife Selection – Selecting the right folder for you so you can depend on it during a lethal force encounter,
- Carry Positions – Where you carry the folding knife matters when and if necessary.
- In-Fight Access – Gain the skill to access the folding knife under assault.
- Blade Deployment – Specific methods for deploying your blade with one hand or two and why!
- Countering Grabs & Chokes – Applications to get them off of you and keep them away.
- Countering Close-Range Assault – Applications to counter deadly force assaults.
Enrollment: Open to qualified citizens, law enforcement, security personnel, Department of Defense, and government agencies/contractors.
Location: 2960 E. Sunset Road, Suite 125
+ Google Map
Upon registration complete the following form(s) and submit prior to day one of training: Student Info and Release Of Liability PFC Recommended Hotel Guide
Clear eye protection
Folding Knife Simulator, Blue Gun or Red Gun (optional/if desired)
Water/Hydration and snacks (if desired)
Mouth piece and groin protection (if desired)
*Please note- attendees may be subject to mild-moderate impact during drills and training evolutions.
DiningShort breaks will be taken throughout this class to hydrate and snack. No lunch break will be taken.
Suggested LodgingHampton Inn: 702-647-8000
La Quinta: 702-492-8900