- This event has passed.
Pre-Hospital Trauma Life Support Hybrid – Skills Competency – Las Vegas, NV
WhenMay 17 @ 10:00 am - May 18 @ 2:00 pm
PHTLS courses improve the quality of trauma care and decrease mortality. The program is based on a philosophy stressing the treatment of the multi-system trauma patient as a unique entity with specific needs. PHTLS promotes critical thinking as the foundation for providing quality care. It is based on the belief that, given a good fund of knowledge and fundamental principles, EMS practitioners can make reasoned decisions regarding patient care. The course utilizes the internationally recognized PHTLS textbook and covers the following topics:
- Physiology of life and death
- Scene assessment
- Patient assessment
- Breathing, ventilation, and oxygenation
- Circulation, hemorrhage, and shock
- Patients with disabilities
- Patient simulations
PHTLS is the global gold standard in prehospital trauma education and is taught in 64 countries. PHTLS is appropriate for EMTs, paramedics, nurses, physician assistants, physicians, and other prehospital providers. PHTLS is accredited by CAPCE and recognized by NREMT
PFC offers a PHTLS Hybrid course which includes 8 hours of PHTLS Online Continuing Education and classroom skills update and competency. Participants who successfully complete the online and classroom components will earn 16 hours of CAPCE continuing education credit and be issued a PHTLS certificate and card.
Follow the steps below to register and complete the online coursework before skill competency day.
1. Go to https://www.psglearning.com/phtls-9e-hybrid , purchase the hybrid course for $39.95
2. Complete the course and email your completion certificate with your test score to firstname.lastname@example.org, prior to the skill day
4. The skills competency is scheduled for 1000-1400 at the PFC headquarters classroom. Register and pay for the skill day below; the fee for the skill day is $250.
Las Vegas,NV89048United States
+ Google Map
Upon registration complete the following form(s) and submit prior to day one of training: Student Information & Release From Liability Form