- This event has passed.
Fundamental Handgun Skills (FHS)
WhenOctober 24, 2020 @ 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
With the increase in Covid19 related gun purchases, PFC will continue to conduct training classes to promote firearm education and safety. The Pioneer Annex Range Complex is a 76+ acre outdoor facility that allows us to take advantage of the open environment and follow federal guidelines while conducting training.
Fundamental Handgun Skills is a 5hr introductory course designed to provide students with safe, efficient, and effective defensive handgun skills. Students will receive a mixture of lecture, practical, and live-fire instruction aimed at familiarizing them with their handgun, how it works, and how to consistently get accurate first-round hits on target. This class is for beginners looking to learn new skills or shooters looking to fine-tune previously learned skills. Fundamental Handgun Skills is an excellent prep-course for any of the PFC Progressive Handgun Series of courses.
Course content will include but is not limited to:
- Firearms & Range Safety – Learn proper firearm safety and handling techniques for on and off the range.
- Handgun Nomenclature – Learn the different parts of your handgun so you can handle and shoot it better.
- Handgun Maintenance – Keep your handgun maintained, so it functions when needed.
- Preparatory Gun-Handling – Learn best practices for loading, status checking, and unloading your handgun.
- Fundamentals of Marksmanship – Learn how to get on target and stay on target with every shot.
- Surgical Speed Shooting – Learn to shoot fast AND accurate!
Time: 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Location: 35.797917, -115.543722
View on google
Upon registration complete the following form(s) and submit prior to day one of training: Student Information and Release of Liability Pioneer Annex Range Directions
Comfortable clothing or duty uniform
200 rounds factory loaded ammunition
Minimum of 2 magazines or speed-loaders if running a revolver
Sturdy belt & strong side holster (No SERPA push-button type holsters)*
Eye & ear protection
Weather appropriate clothing
Note taking materials
*** Blackhawk Serpa model holsters are strictly prohibited during live fire range training and banned in all PFC Training classes for safety reasons. For copies of PFC’s and the Federal Government’s policies regarding the use of Blackhawk Serpa holsters, contact PFC HQ