- This event has passed.
Fundamental Carbine Skills (FCS)
WhenFebruary 27, 2021 @ 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
Price$150.00 – $290.00
PFC can provide ammunition for this class at our discounted rate. See price below for combination Fundamental Carbine Skills class & 200 rounds of 5.56 ammunition.
Fundamental Carbine Skills is a 5hr introductory course designed to provide students with safe, efficient, and effective defensive carbine skills. Students will receive a mixture of lecture, practical, and live-fire instruction aimed at familiarizing them with their carbine, how it works, and how to achieve accurate first-round hits on target consistently. This class is for beginners looking to learn new skills or shooters looking to fine-tune previously learned skills. Fundamental Carbine Skills is an excellent prep-course for any of the PFC Progressive Carbine Series of courses.
Course content will include but is not limited to:
- Firearms & Range Safety – Learn proper firearm safety and handling techniques for on and off the range.
- Carbine Nomenclature – Learn the different parts of your rifle so you can handle and shoot it better.
- Carbine Maintenance – Keep your carbine maintained, so it functions when needed.
- Preparatory Gun-Handling – Learn best practices for loading, status checking, and unloading your rifle.
- Carbine Zero and Fundamentals of Marksmanship – Learn how to get on target and stay on target with every shot.
- Surgical Speed Shooting – Learn to shoot fast AND accurate!
Time: 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Location: 35.797917, -115.543722
View on google
Upon registration complete the following form(s) and submit prior to day one of training: Student Information and Release of Liability Pioneer Annex Range Directions
Comfortable clothing or duty uniform
200 rounds factory loaded ammunition
Minimum of 2 magazines
Sturdy belt with at least one magazine pouch or magazine carriage system
Eye & ear protection (a hat is recommended)
Weather appropriate clothing
Note taking materials
*A handgun is not required for this class