Fundamental Carbine Skills (FCS) – Goodsprings, NV
WhenDecember 2 @ 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
Fundamental Carbine Skills is a 5hr introductory course designed to provide students with safe, efficient, and effective defensive carbine skills. Students will receive a mixture of lecture, practical, and live-fire instruction aimed at familiarizing them with their carbine, how it works, and how to consistently achieve accurate first-round hits on target. This class is for beginners looking to learn new skills or shooters looking to fine-tune previously learned skills. Fundamental Carbine Skills is an excellent prep course for any PFC Progressive Carbine Series course.
Course content will include but is not limited to:
- Firearms & Range Safety – Learn proper firearm safety and handling techniques on and off the range.
- Carbine Nomenclature – Learn the different parts of your rifle so you can handle and shoot it better.
- Carbine Maintenance – Keep your carbine maintained so it functions when needed.
- Preparatory Gun-Handling – Learn best practices for loading, status checking, and unloading your rifle.
- Carbine Zero and Fundamentals of Marksmanship – Learn how to get on target and stay on target with every shot.
- Surgical Speed Shooting – Learn to shoot fast AND accurately!
Time: 9:00 AM - 2:00 PM
Location: 35.797917, -115.543722
View on google
Upon registration complete the following form(s) and submit prior to day one of training: Student Information and Release of Liability Pioneer Annex Range Directions
Comfortable clothing or duty uniform
200 rounds factory loaded ammunition
Minimum of 2 magazines
Sturdy belt with at least one magazine pouch or magazine carriage system
Eye & ear protection (a hat is recommended)
Weather appropriate clothing
Note taking materials
*A handgun is not required for this class